Monday, September 27, 2010

Go Utes! My choice of shirt ruffles a few BYU feathers

I wore my bright red University of Utah Running Utes polo shirt today. Not to cause any ruckus amongst my friends and colleagues, but simply because it was the first shirt in my closet and I was getting dressed in the dark this morning so as not to awaken my sleeping sweetheart. It was certainly not my intention to broadcast a blood red statement on the current state of Ute football compared to that of Brigham Young University on a Monday morning.

However, it seems to have gotten under the skin of a couple of my colleagues who graduated from BYU. They have been telling me all day long that the Utes aren't that great, and that BYU is 1-3 due to the fact that they have the 5th hardest schedule for September in the whole country. This assumes I am interested in excuses! Hahahahaha. They forget that I vote for BYU as long as they not playing my Utes, so my perfect Mountain West season record is: University of Utah 12-0, Brigham Young University 11-1, and everyone else can go fly a kite. I'd even be perfectly happy with Utah playing BYU for the national championship.

Still, every now and then I get an evil little grin on my face. This is because I listen intently to the little red devil sitting on my shoulder who is always telling me to stir my BYU buddies. Who am I not to take a perfectly good opportunity to crank up the heat. Right? I really should be a lot more mature, shouldn't I?

No comments:

Post a Comment