Sunday, September 12, 2010

Twists and Turns in Formula One

I want Mark Webber, the Australian, to win his inaugural World Drivers Championship. It would be great for the nation as they haven't had a world champ for quite awhile, actually not since Alan Jones in 1980. Not that I don't like Lewis Hamilton and Jenson Button, but they have won the last two championships between them, and I have my own preferences, you know!

Lewis didn't help himself with a significant 'mistake' as he called it, by damaging his car while trying to pass Felipe Mass at Monza in Italy. Coupled with a sixth place finish by Webber, the drivers points lead went back to the Australian, by six from Hamilton, with five races left. Plenty enough of time for a crazy finish, with someone coming out of nowhere. I just would like the craziness to confirm Webbers' undoubted talent and let the title go back 'Down Under' for a year or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment