Thursday, September 23, 2010

Suicide: Unrecoverable Loss

Few things in this life are sad and destructive as suicide. It breaches every every clime, every tribe, every region. I have watched friends struggle with the death of a loved one, unable to really comprehend that a son or daughter, nephew or niece took their own life. A supervisor that I was very close to years ago committed suicide, and I wept it was so unimaginable, there were no signs at all that I could see. It profoundly affected me.

So with the untimely death of Denver Broncos wide receiver Kenny McKinley at age 23, I am sure his family, friends, and teammates are seriously struggling. They will be asking why this happened, what caused it, and most of all beating themselves up for not recognizing the clues or cues that may have prevented such a disaster. When we lose a young person in the prime of their life, especially in Kenny's situation having the world at his feet so to speak, it is a tragedy. So I offer my heartfelt condolences to Kenny's loved ones. I wish them peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment